Payment and Deposits
- All prices are exclusive of VAT charged at 20%.
- Our payment terms for regular bookings are: All payments are due in full prior the booking.
- For wedding bookings 25% deposit with the remaining balance due 14 days prior to the booking.
- Any deviations to the original booking price, such as additional waiting time, extra hours, car parking, additional stops and address changes will automatically be charged from the credit card that you provided upon booking.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 24 hours from the start of the period of hire, 50% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
- If a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 12 hours from the start of the period of hire, 100% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
- If a wedding booking is cancelled within 1 month from the start of the period of hire, the deposit will be non-refundable. If a wedding booking is cancelled within two weeks from the start of the period of hire, the full hire amount will still be charged to the customer.
- If multiple vehicle bookings are cancelled by the Customer for any major social and business events, within 5 days from the start of the period of hire, 100% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
- If the customer does not appear at the time and place designated as the pickup point, all monies paid will be non-refundable.
Terms and Conditions
- Global Chauffeur request a minimum of 12 hours’ notice for any online bookings
- If you would like to book a car with less than 12 hours’ notice – Please call our help-line: +44 (0)20 7537 9279
- Whilst we do our utmost to ensure our drivers are punctual, you will understand that we cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by circumstances out with our control.
- The driver will drive at safe and sensible speeds in accordance with road conditions, traffic and the legal speed limits.
- Clients are responsible for any damage they cause to the interior and or exterior of a vehicle on hire to them and will be billed accordingly for any repair or valeting required in order to reinstate a vehicle to working order – as well as any subsequent loss of earnings for the driver for the consequence of their vehicle being off the road.
- By supplying your email address, you permit Global Chauffeur to contact you via email, in return we promise never to supply your email to any third party.
- We may provide subcontracted vehicles occasionally. We reserve the right to change your vehicle or chauffeur at any time if necessary. Every effort will be made by Global Chauffeur to ensure that our vehicle(s) or Sub-Contractors vehicle(s) arrive on time.
- Our Chauffeur(s) will travel by the most appropriate route on the day, unless instructed otherwise by the Customer at the time of booking.
- Global Chauffeur vehicle(s) and sub-contracted vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third-party claims. However, customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and Global Chauffeur shall not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property.
- Global Chauffeur will keep a lost property book at their office and will endeavour to return any lost goods left in our vehicle(s) or subcontracted vehicle(s) to the customer.
- Global Chauffeur and its chauffeurs have the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and whose behaviour poses a threat either to the Chauffeur, the vehicle or any other passenger(s).
- Global Chauffeur maintains a strict non-smoking policy in all its vehicles.
- Online quotations do not allow for public and bank holidays like Christmas Day or New Years Eve. On Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day there will be a 100% surcharge on all journeys. All other Bank Holidays will be subject to a 25% surcharge.
- All major sporting events such as Wimbledon and Ascot are charged at a premium rate, which may mean online bookings for these types of events may not be valid.
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the Client’s’ statutory rights.
Our policy is to avoid charging our client’s cancellation fees where we can; however, there will be some occasions where either we or our affiliate has incurred costs in the provision of a service that is cancelled.
If a service is cancelled within two hours of the scheduled pick-up time, cancellation fees will apply:
Billing & Payment
- Credit card payments are subject to a 3% surcharge.
- Debit card payments are subject to a 20 pence surcharge.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT charged at 20%.
- Your booking may be subject to additional waiting time and car park charges.
- The charge on your credit card payment will be shown as Global Chauffeur.
- We will usually send or post an invoice within 5 working days of service completion.
- For account customers, our standard payment terms are 30 days from the date of invoice and we accept payment by credit card, cheque or electronic transfers.
- For non-account customers, we can only accept credit or debit card payments. Card details will be requested at the time of booking. A copy of the invoice will be e-mailed or posted upon service completion and we will automatically charge the nominated credit card within 5 working days of invoice date. Or sooner if previously authorised.
- When a charge is queried or relates to a service that is the subject of an ongoing complaint, our standard payment terms continue to be effective, unless the query results in a partial or complete refund. In this case, payment terms will apply from the date of issue of any credit note or revised invoice.
Passengers are at all times entirely responsible for the whereabouts and safekeeping of their luggage and other personal effects. We can accept no liability for loss or damage to any time under any circumstances.
All vehicles provided by Global Chauffeur will be equipped with seatbelts and it is the passenger’s exclusive responsibility to ensure they are worn at all times whilst in the vehicle.
We accept no liability for loss, damage, death or bodily injury that can be attributed to a passenger’s failure to wear a seatbelt or other restraint device that was available for their use and in working order. When infants are travelling, it is the exclusive responsibility of the accompanying parent, guardian or carer to ensure that the infant is protected by a restraint system (child or booster seats) appropriate for the child’s age and size.
Making a Complaint
Should you need to complain about the service we have provided, you should contact the Directors of Global Chauffeur directly.
All complaints must be made within 5 days of service completion and cannot be considered once payment of an invoice has been received.
We will acknowledge receipt of your communication immediately and advise you when and how we will contact you again. We may need to ask you for further information so we can investigate your complaint thoroughly. We will resolve all issues within 2 working days; however, it may sometimes take longer.
The information provided by you is not available for sale or use by third parties. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our users and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you.
We will make every reasonable effort to (to the extent that it is in our power to do so) to keep the details of the service and payment secure but we cannot guarantee that security breaches will never occur. Certain security measures may require your cooperation to implement and we will request your reasonable assistance where appropriate.
We will only use the personal information that we collect to administer and deliver our services and will only ever collect information that is completely relevant and never use it for anything other than for what is was collected for. We may have to share some information with third party companies or suppliers in the provision of the service but this will only happen if completely necessary and those companies are not permitted to use any of the personal information collected other than in the fulfilment of the service. We never disclose information about a passenger to another individual or organization without your consent unless it is an emergency situation that requires it or we are legally required to do so.